Thursday, July 26, 2007

Unpollinated.

I’ve been reading obsessively these past few days. Of stories that scare and inspire me equally. Hope and loss, faith and death, fertility and infertility. Where am I here, in this spectrum?
I read these blogs of lives I know not and cry and hope for them and know instantly that I fit. That I belong, yet that I don’t, for I have lost but one baby, and haven’t waded through years of babymaking efforts (fruit borne or in vain).

I have lost a baby. A baby mine in my heart only, for I carried him inside me for two months and loved as I could.

Yet told few.

Yet cried much.

Scared.

Hopeful, scared and wanting.

An answer? A baby? A return to to the innocent happy woman I was before my world came crashing down around me?

Sure. Why not. Give them all to me I say, let me not have to walk this path.

Yet, I sleep with my husband and dream sad things. Bad things. Of lost babies and paths not taken.

Of fruit died on the vine.

Unpollinated.

No comments: